SWD State Champs
2016-2017 MINUTES IN
August 2, 2016
September 6, 2016
October 5, 2016
November 2, 2016
Southwest District Athletic Board
November 2, 2016 Minutes
Dinglehouse Restaurant, West Chester
Roll Call: President Doug Foote, Vice-President Dave Dilbone,
Andy Bixler, Tim Cook,
Scott Kaufman, John Kronour, Joy Manning, Pat McBride, Bill Myles, Bob
Huelsman, Treasurer, Dale Creamer, Secretary.
Moved by Cook and seconded by Kronour to approve minutes from
October 5, 2016, meeting.
Motion passed 9-0.
FINANCIAL REPORT MR. HUELSMAN
Cert. of Deposit - Durkle
Cert. of Deposit - SWDAB
Cert. of Deposit - Rossi/Denney
Max Saver Rossi/Denney
Max Saver SWDAB
Checking Account Fifth Third
Max Saver Scholarships - 2017
Max Saver Contingency Fund
Max Saver Summer Conference 2018
Max Saver School Bonus
Moved by Bixler and seconded by Kaufman to
approve financial report.
Motion passed 9-0.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS REPORT MR. BIXLER
Dr. Ross returns to work.
Mr. Gray will remain in office until end of calendar year.
Summary of recommendations from DAB Committee:
- Policy of the use of electronic devices during draw meetings.
Violation will cause head coach to be suspended first game of
- Policy on distribution of seed results. Distribute at midnight
prior to meeting.
- Distribution of tournament brackets to public.
- Policy on start time for seed meetings.
- Policy on information that is required to be discussed at seed
- Policy on consistency in naming rounds in the tournament.
- Policy on penalty when coach/school is not at draw meeting.
- Policy on breaking ties at seed meetings.
Mr. Bixler asked that board members give
him feedback on aforementioned items.
DAB Report MR. COOKNo meeting to report.
MIDDLE SCHOOL COMMITTEE REPORT MR. DILBONE
Mr. Dilbone shared particulars pertinent to
the State Middle School Track Meet.
Saturday, May 13, 2017, Lancaster High School
1. Sixteen (16) qualifiers per event.
2. Ten (10) running events and five (5) field
3. All times based on automatic timing
4. Cut off for qualifiers is May 6, 2017.
5. Confirmation on participation is noon on
May 7, 2017.
6. Running events start at 2:00 and field
events at 11:00 a.m.
7. Athletes can qualify for only three events.
8. Participation fee will be $10.00 per
CORRESPONDENCEThank you cards were shared.
FALL TOURNAMENT REVIEW
1. All went well with good reviews of golf set-ups this year.
2. Board members decided coverage for
volleyball and trophy presentations.
SUMMER CONFERENCE DISCUSSION
Cincinnati area was chosen as site. Scott Kaufman and Bill Myles
are checking room availability and costs.
Gifts Tim Cook.
Spouse and family activities Summer Dilbone and Susan Creamer.
OLD BUSINESSNo items.
Schools that chose not to appeal will be sent a reminder to pay
fine by December 2, 2016.
Moved by Kronour and seconded by Manning that collected fine money
will go into the scholarship fund. Motion passed 9-0.
Media/Friend of Athletics, Saturday, March 11, 2017, UD Arena.
Mailings will go to athletic administrators and principals in
Winter Tournament Regulations. Moved by Kronour and seconded by
McBride to approve. Motion passed 9-0.
Basketball Brackets. Moved by Bixler and seconded by Kaufman to
approve brackets with the following rotation for Boys District
Brackets: March 8, Division II; March 9, Division III; March 10,
Division IV; March 11, Division I. Motion passed 9-0.
December 2 SWDAB Meeting, 8:00 a.m., Columbus,
December 2-3 State Football Championships