SWD State Champs
2014-2015 MINUTES IN
August 7, 2014
September 2, 2014
October 7, 2014
November 5, 2014
January 6, 2015
January 24, 2015
April 16, 2015
May 5, 2015
Southwest District Athletic Board
May 5, 2015
Mamma DiSalvo’s Restaurant
Roll Call: Pat McBride, President, Scott Kaufman,
Vice-President, Andy Bixler, Tim Cook,
Dave Dilbone, Doug Foote, John Kronour, Joy Manning, Jonas Smith, Bob
Huelsman, Treasurer, Dale Creamer, Secretary. Guests: Chris Weaver and
Moved by Kronour and seconded by Smith to approve minutes of
April 10-11, 2015, meeting.
Motion passed 9-0.
Cert of Deposit - Durkle
Cert. of Deposit - SWDAB
Cert. of Deposit - Rossi/Denney
Max Saver – Rossi/Denney
Max Saver SWDAB
Checking Account Fifth Third
Max Saver School Bonuses – 2014
Summer Conference – 2018
Max Saver – Scholarships - 2014
Mr. Huelsman covered report.
Moved by Bixler and seconded by Dilbone to approve report.
Motion passed 9-0.
Mr. Huelsman also updated board on meetings
with treasurers across district.
Mr. Chris Weaver, Athletic Director,
Kettering Fairmont High School, met with board to discuss issues
relative to contests scheduled at Trent Arena during 2015 tournaments.
A good meeting was held with productive dialogue.
Mrs. Cheryl Brandenburg, Webmaster, met with
board to discuss Southwest District website and considerations for the
future. All parties agree that web site is important and used by media
and countless others across the district. Considerations are being given
to avoid situations in which the website is not updated daily.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS REPORT – MR. COOK
- Cross Country Survey. Format used in past will continue.
- Contemplating starting Middle School State Track Meet.
- On-line physicals. Encourage all schools to use.
- EMIS numbers were sent to schools for verification.
- Working out details to Arbiter to pay officials via the system.
- New contract with Canton on swimming venue.
- Profits increased in Team Wrestling Championships.
- Finance committee being formed to study finances.
- Pilot program, implemented in 2015-2016 for competitive balance.
- Corporate sponsorships. Some renewed and some discontinued.
- Renewal of ball contracts.
- Alignment of managers for state championships 2015-2016.
DAB REPORT - DR. KRONOUR
- Financial committee. Look and evaluate the total financial
picture incorporating state and district boards. Schools pay nothing
to participate in tournaments and we send them bonus checks. Perhaps
a moratorium needs to be imposed on writing bonus checks to schools.
- Tournament committee. Look at structure of tournaments across
- Eligibility of alternate tournament officials.
- Student Leadership Conference. Cost of conference and how it is
- Competitive Balance. A pilot program will be introduced in
2015-2016 school year.
SPRING TOURNAMENT UPDATED
Draws have been held and officials hired for district
Reviewed Administrator’s Breakfast. Board felt combining with
OHSAA staff worked well.
Tabled winter coaching representative proposals until June
Scholarship Reception June 23. 2015, 6:30 p.m., Dayton Marriott
Hotel. The board will grant thirty-three scholarships: 11-A. 11-AA,
Proposed calendar for 2015-2016 was given to board members for
Officials’ Reception, Sunday, September 13, 2015, Nutter Center.
The board discussed options for awards.
June 22, 2015, 9:00 a.m., Dayton Marriott work day.
May 9-16 Tennis, baseball, and softball
May 16-23 District Championships