SWD State Champs
2018-2019 MINUTES IN
August 6, 2018
September 5, 2018
October 5, 2018
November 6, 2018
Southwest District Athletic Board
November 6, 2018, Minutes
Roll Call: President Andy Bixler, Vice-President Scott Kaufman, Tim
Cook, Doug Foote, John Kronour, Matt Macy, Bill Myles, Tiffany Sawyer,
Jan Wilking, Bob Huelsman, Treasurer, Dale Creamer, Secretary.
Moved by Cook and seconded by Kronour to adopt minutes from
October 5, 2018, meeting.
Motion passed 9-0.
TREASURER’S REPORT – MR. HUELSMAN
Cert. of Deposit - Durkle
Cert. of Deposit - SWDAB
Cert. of Deposit - Rossi/Denney
Max Saver – Rossi/Denney
Max Saver SWDAB
Checking Account Fifth Third
Max Saver – Scholarships - 2019
Max Saver – Contingency Fund
Max Saver – Summer Conference 2024
Moved by Kronour and seconded by Foote to
approve financial report.
Motion passed 9-0.
DAB REPORT – MR. ANDY BIXLER
A meeting was held with much discussion
about competitive balance.
STATE BOARD OF DIRECTORS REPORT – DR. JOHN
Track proposal passed. Add two qualifiers in each field event.
Update on Supreme Court.
May 19 ballot. Referendum issue dealing with intra-district
transfer pertinent to bullying, and harassment.
Winter tournament regulations were adopted.
State football schedule was shared.
Middle school cross country meet attendance has increased.
Headquarters for State Basketball.
Letters from Jamestown Greeneview.
Letter from Matt Koenig.
Communications from Shelby Oaks, Beachwood, and Elks Golf
- Track update. Bellbrook will host Division I District Meet
originally held at Wayne.
- Friend of Athletics/Media announcements distributed December 1,
- Winter tournament regulations. Moved by Wilking and seconded by
Cook to approve. Motion passed 9-0.
- December meeting cancelled. Next meeting scheduled for January
10, 2019, 3:00 p.m.
Spring Sport Coaches Representatives Meeting
SWDAB Members Present
Andy Bixler, Scott Kaufman, Tim Cook, Doug
Foote, John Kronour, Matt Macy, Bill Myles,
Tiffany Sawyer, Jan Wilking.
Brian Kendall, Head Coach, Lebanon H.S., President of Southwest
District Coaches Association
Coach concerns included:
- The Division II Dayton sectional and the Tecumseh sectional would
like to be considered for a super sectional (open draw). Scott
explained the process of how this works. Tim and Matt are in charge of
softball and directed questions or guidance to them.
- Please consider replacing Harrison with Milford as a site.
- There was discussion on voting process and those schools that
either don’t vote or don’t come to the draw meeting. Andy reviewed the
- Discussion on the Regional Division I site of Centerville H.S.
Seems inconsistent that the Division III site is at Wright State.
Coach detailed reason why Centerville facility is not the best site.
Ray Hamilton, Head Coach, Lakota East H.S.
- Concerns over sectional sites at Hamilton and Lebanon. Issue with
- Coaches would like to see the sites as follows: Oak Hills, Lakota
East, Kings, Elder, Princeton.
Track and Field Representatives
Mike Fernandez, Wayne H.S.; Matt Sierlatte, Centerville H.S.
- Wayne cannot host District Track. Springboro is an option and is
interested. John is checking with Beavercreek. Xenia is an option.
Option to run both Districts the same day at Piqua.
- Please note that Wayne maybe should go back to Piqua to balance
the number of teams. Concern with the 1600 and 800 – bypass the 1600
- Publish the weather plan on the website for various meet sites.
Charlie Painter, Head Coach, Archbishop Alter H.S.
- Seems to be a good system in place now. Great facility in Mason
- Andy reviewed the procedure for requesting a super sectional for
Dayton / Troy. Charlie would like the form to be sent to him to
determine if interest.
- Maybe move tennis coaches to the winter coaches meeting.