2015-2016 MINUTES IN PDF FORMAT
Southwest District Athletic Board
Tanya Hollingsworth, Royal Publishing, reviewed the year pertinent to program sales.
Motion by John Kronour and seconded by Andy Bixler to send a gift card to Mrs. Kris Ross to offset expenses during Dr. Rosss hospitalization in the Cleveland Clinic. Motion passed 6-0.
Motion by Tim Cook and seconded by Joy Manning to make a $200.00 donation to John Glenn High Schools Athletic Department in honor of Mr. Dan Adams, deceased athletic director, and East Athletic Board member. Motion passed 6-0.
Presentation was made by Mr. Jeff Jordan.
Southwest District Athletic Board
Moved by Bixler and seconded by Manning to approve
1. Flat fees. Per direction from State office, the board is moving toward flat fees for all tournaments. Mr. Huelsman is working on a proposal for flat fees in each tournament. Proposal will incorporate differences in venues.
2. School bonuses. SWDAB treasury has funds allocated for this purpose but waiting on State office.
3. Mr. Huelsman submitted a proposal for manager fees for 2016-2017. Moved by Bixler and seconded by Foote to approve. Motion passed 8-0.
4. Financial analysis was given on all tournaments including receipts, expenditures, costs per game, etc.
DAB REPORT - MR. COOK
1. Discussion was held on sponsorship of cheerleading competition.
2. Names of assigners should be recorded in Columbus.
3. Consistency in bracketing across districts.
4. Order of events in all track tournaments.
5. Website development across state.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS REPORT MR. BIXLER
1. Summer rules for footballallow seven players in workout.
2. Competitive balance implementation.
New rules governing cross country for state. Southwest to
regionals at Troy
4. Approval of a Jr. High State Track Meet held week before high school district meets.
5. Sub-committee formed to work on track numbers when they are received: Andy Bixler, Pat McBride, John Kronour, Jonas Smith.
1. Forty honorees; 35 have responded to be present.
2. Mr. Beau Rugg from State Office will be present.
3. Board members discussed respective duties for banquet.
1. Board reviewed all information given during meeting on April 16, 2016.
2. Moved by Cook and seconded by Dilbone that all winners on award stand in Wrestling cannot wear a hat or have a hoody over his head. Motion passed 8-0.
1. Mr. Creamer reviewed all information that will be sent to both athletic director and principal. Form must be returned before passes are issued.
2. Motion by Kronour and seconded by Bixler to implement the following regulation in team bracketed tournaments (Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, Softball, and Baseball): Schools that fail to have their coach participate in the online seeding process (record records, voting, etc. or fail to attend draw meeting) will be fined $150.00. An appeal process will be in place until the next Southwest District Board Meeting: Fall, November 2; Winter, March 4; Spring, June 19. Motion passed 8-0.
3. Mr. Creamer recommended that we move from Kittyhawk in Division I Girls Golf to Yankee Trace. This is due to complications in flat fee structure. Motion by Dilbone and seconded by Manning. Motion passed 8-0.
4. Mr. Creamer and Dr. Kronour reviewed an official situation.
Board sport assignments. Board members will work with Mr.
Creamer to see that all sport regulations, brackets, etc., are properly
6. Volleyball and Soccer brackets. Motion by Dilbone and seconded by Cook to approve submitted brackets. Motion passed 8-0.
7. Team placements. Moved by Bixler and seconded by Smith to approve as submitted. Motion passed 8-0.
8. Board composition. Discuss if vacancies arise. An action plan was developed.
9. Basketball philosophy. Board discussed 2016 tournaments and felt that it went well and all that we should do is find venues to replace when necessary.
10. Website update. State office is working with a vendor that will create consistency across state in Fall of 2017.
11. Adoption of 2016-2017calendar. Moved by Smith and seconded by Manning to approve submitted calendar. Motion passed 8-0.
12. Election of officers for 2016-2017. Moved by Kronour and seconded by Bixler to nominate Doug Foote for President. Motion passed 8-0. Moved by Manning to nominate Dave Dilbone as Vice-President. Motion passed 8-0.